Sunday, January 16, 2011

We're beautiful (poem)

The ones you like

Will make you care

The color's right

The narrow stairs

Yes I forgive

No, I don't care

What's fair is fair

And what's not is here

But  here we are

And there are you

So all is right

I'm almost through

Just past the pins

Don't push it through

It's come to life

I've come to you

Don't be afraid

It's what you asked

Just hold your hand,

And feel our skin,

No, don't you stare

I'm still a lady

Though mostly you

I'm mostly you

Oh please don't cry

This is how it works

I leave with bruises

You say it hurts

You show me pictures

I pray it works

And then you say your prayers as I make it work

That one's too long

I fucked it up

The rhythm's gone

Our time is up

More ways than one

We die as one

But love as two hearts sown apart

No comments:

Post a Comment