Friday, January 14, 2011

Introduction to Dave....ahhh screw it, let's talk about Spider-Man.

Hello, Inkbot Nation!!!

I'm Dave Michaels, and I will be the artist for an upcoming title to Inkbot from Speakeasy Primates called Saint George. Saint George (or St. G, as we call it in the hood, yo) is a tale written by the talented Brad Bellmore about a man of the cloth that is struggling with his sanity because he actually believes an angel has come to him with a mission to battle demonic forces. So basically, he is institutionalized for being a priest that actually believes in what he preaches. Y'know, the usual fun stuff..well, I thought this would be a fun book to do. I'm not a very religious person, but the concept is interesting to me, and while the book is largely about christian mythology, I believe the root of the story is about society's hypocrisies, and while people say they believe, they are very quick to judge others that believe different, less or even in this case, more. Also? There's monsters. And I pretty much love drawing monsters. :)

In fact, let's begin by giving y'all a bit of preview of St. G.
Don't get too excited in your pantses just yet, cuz we're just getting warmed up.


I plan on not just talking about my own art, I would like to use this space to also speak on comics, pop culture, and pretty much whatever I wanna....so be ready. I'm not one to hold back on this wonderful forum that is the internets, so shit's gonna get real very fast. LOL


Actually, speaking of pop culture, I don't know if any of you have seen the first pic of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man. It's....different. Very. Different.




I'm not sure if Pete has been beaten up by Kraven The Hunter or some angry fanboys here, but whatever. Both are pretty equally dangerous.


So, I'm not one of those comic guys that will trash something that is totally different than what I was expecting. But "you don't mess with a classic"...and Spidey has probably one of the greatest costumes in the history of comics! So. Okay....that's all I'll say for now.





On the light side, Emma Stone looks like a cutie as Gwen Stacy, right?.....right?




Hmm.....even she doesn't look too thrilled at the new costume...why's this movie look like sucha downer?! Everyone is all serious. What is this, Terms of Endearment? With fancy spandex?


Where's the friendly neighborhood spidey goodness?!?! ......nice bangs though....watch out for those bridges, Gwenzy, kay?



Alright, kids. That will be all the fun from me for now. I got lots of projects on tap and I hope to talk about them here! Stay tuned!

1 comment: