Monday, January 24, 2011

The meaning of art

Hey Inkbots,


As of today I will resume my daily blog. I wanted to give you some time to warm up to our new group of bloggers known to me as the "speakeasy crew" (I like the name). I also wanted to recharge and refocus my reasoning for doing a daily blog in the first place ;)


The meaning of art:
First let me start out by saying I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. So, if you're looking for a textbook description, or an uber artsy definition of the term, prepare to be sorely disappointed. In truth, I only know what I feel, and most times if something makes me feel then I'm quick to consider it art. Now, I know this might seem absurd, but in actuality that's exactly what I mean. Our attitudes, opinions, biases, truths, lies, prejudices, dreams, and ambitions are all unprinted forms of art. So when we finally succeed in photographing at least a portion of that, and allow other people to take part in it, then the question, in my mind, isn't whether its art, but whether it's effective. Just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment