Friday, January 28, 2011

Lessons of the heart (piece)

I was taught that love is a white dress with the top caught off,
a perversion of a lie,
a truth that sits around and whispers at all hours of the morning. 


I was taught that love is a lifetime of waiting,
an hour of walking,
and a few seconds of dancing.


I often wondered what shoes I would wear if one day it came calling,
but then again,
I was taught that love is that bus that likes to leave you in the winter.
It leaves enough tracks for you to find your way back.


I was taught that love is a Wednesday,
not quite a Monday,
but still too middle of the road for anyone's taste.


In short,
I was told that love is a "mothafucka,"
it feels good when you say it,
but then again,
who wants to be judged by the weight of their words? 



No comments:

Post a Comment