Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Don't wake the baby (poem)

Stop!
Don't wake the baby.
Stop!
Don't wake the baby.
No!
Why are you leaving?
Stop!
You're acting crazy.
No!
You cannot blame me.
Stop!
I told you don't go.
What?!
I hear your whispers. 
I know your feeling disturbed, but the sky just doesn't think you're right.
Why do we worship night? 
It hides our wickedness. 
And minutes seem so limitless.
Let face it, its what our dreams look like.
So don't stay angry!
Stop!
Don't  move! 
Our people worshiped you for years and yet the night sky still appeared.
So, I think you need to grow up.
Stop!
Don't wake the baby.
No!
You just don't hear me!
How can you be so bright and yet still fail to see things clearly?
Just cause your not our god it doesn't mean you wont be missed.
 I mean its just a title anyway, so don't give me this shit about respect. 
What's that?!
Oh yeah, your childish acts are killing me, 
but not more if you don't come back. 
So, lets go home.
No wait!
You woke the baby! 
You know you must be crazy.
You're really going to turn your back?
You know what?
Just go!
That's right. If beings like you are really vain, then our gods are overrated. 
And they deserve our hatred. 
And yes, you'll miss the baby, 
but I doubt she'll miss you much. 
For my people didn't abandon her. 
You did.
So best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment