Sunday, December 26, 2010

The poison

Hey Inkbots,


I got a chance to see Joaquin Phoenix's mocumentary "I'm still here"and I have to say that I'm impressed. I believe the film touched on a lot of issues that we as a fame loving society tend to ignore, such as what happens when everything isn't enough? The film also does a good job highlighting the polarized relationship between celebrities and the media. Interestingly, I read several reviews which criticized the film, calling it tasteless and cheap. I even read an Ebert review where he goes on to call Joaquin's actions in the film selfish and delusional. Now, I'm not going to sit here and try to defend Joaquin's stance on making the film, because I honestly don't know what it is, but I do have to say that I've seen worse real documentaries, and the fact that Ebert states that he would be pissed if it were hoax should speak volumes of just how believable, and in my opinion powerful, the subject matter is.


On another note, I'm extremely excited about this week. On Monday we will debut the final issue of Odessa Arc One, and on Wednesday we will post the third issue of Zomboy. We will also post updates to all of our fabulous weeklies (Revolvers, Allen Shrugged, American Ambiton) along with my daily blog. So, see you tomorrow inkbots ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment