Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bad decision in Canada

Hey Inkbots,


Boxing:
Although I was looking forward to the Bernard Hopkins fight this past Saturday, I was very disappointed with the outcome. You see, with this win B-hop would've became the oldest world champion in history (besting out George Foreman by only a few months), but he was denied the win simply because he fought a hometown fighter in foreign soil (He fought a Canadian fighter in Quebec). Now, this isn't just a knock on Canadian boxing, since the U.S. has been the home of some of the worst robberies in history, this is a knock on boxing officiating in general. I mean how do you cheat a 45 year old man that gets up from two knockdowns and then goes on to win arguably every round after that (the last knockdown occurred in the third round)? Furthermore how the hell did one judge score the 10th round even WHEN PASCAL BARELY LANDED A PUNCH IN THAT ROUND? Still, despite the shady decision, I do recognize that it could have been worse. I mean, they could've claimed that Pascal won the fight ;(


On another note, I hope you all check out the debut of "K" tomorrow. It really is a great addition to the site. Brent, the writer behind Revolvers and American Ambition, is great with characterization and dialogue. He is also very passionate about the steam punk fantasy genre. 


With that, I hope you all had a great a weekend. I have to say that I am proud of having finished my first full week of daily blogging. I also want to assure you that I will try my best to stick with it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment