Thursday, December 16, 2010

a little angry

Hey Inkbots,


I have a crazy two days ahead of me. Tomorrow is the official Inkbot X-mas dinner (not that there are bootleg ones taking place) and I have yet to buy the majority of the supplies that I need to cook with  (yes, yours truly likes to throw it down in the kitchen). With that said, I wont be able to go about my day peacefully if I don't get this off my chest.


This morning, when I logged on to Facebook, the first thing that I saw was a protest, from a conservative group, about the fact that an African American actor is playing a Norse god in the movie Thor. And to make things all the more silly, the protest ends with what I assume they thought was a valid question in, "What else do we have left?" Well, my silly friends who use the term "conservative" to hide your racist views, there really isn't much to say here except "grow up." I mean really, your point is no more valid than those who resent the fact that white kids listen to hip hop (and they always have btw). And while I'm on the subject, I also have to question why these people continue to speak as if racism holds some intellectual basis. I mean the very foundation of academic knowledge is build on principles developed by many cultures/races throughout the world (despite what some would have you believe), and even with that out of the equation you do have to keep in mind THAT IT'S A FICTIONAL CHARACTER. Still, if you insist on transforming all historical/mythical characters that "should be white," then maybe we should transform all the popular ones that shouldn't be. I mean we can easily turn your blond hair blue eyed Jesus into a Palestinian (you know, the kind of people that you hate) and while we're at it, we could also think about turning St. Augustine back into a black man (since most historical proof supports suggests that he was indeed a person of color). Still, something tells me that you would have a problem with that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment