Friday, October 1, 2010

Comic Con, our weeklies, Zomboy, and other randomness

Hey Inkbots,


With the NY Comic Con just under a week away our work load has quadrupled, however, with that, so has our enthusiasm (not that we have ever been known as emo). YES, with only a week to go we can't wait to meet everyone, give stuff away, talk comics, and make fun of your ridiculous costumes (seeing as how we're going to be wearing a few ourselves) ;) 


Speaking of enthusiasm, if there's two things that I'm most proud of, when it comes to this site, it is our consistent update schedule and the variety of our titles. Allen Shrugged and Revolvers update on A WEEKLY BASIS and they are two completely different titles. Allen Shrugged is a funny Monday and Wednesday single strip centered around wine tasting and marriage (hmm....I assume you would need alcohol to stay married), while Revolvers is a witty gun slinging adventure strip which is already 50 plus pages deep ;)


Zomboy: Only a little under two weeks till the debut of Zomboy, Inkbot's monthly title exploring everything from humanity and government conspiracies (hehe, not very specific is it). Zomboy is also a labor of love for our very own Jan Velazquez, who has been designing and writing the character since high school (might explain his lack of sexual expoloits....j/k) 


Inkbot films: This weekend the Inkbot film crew and I are holding a second round of auditions in NYC for Inkbot's first short film called "Childhood in a stream." Now, based on some of the more disturbing stories that I have written in the past, most people tend to think that this story is about drowning children. Well, I assure you that it is not, but still, damn you for stealing one of my future ideas ;)


Last weekend was my wife's birthday (yes, she was born over the course of three days), so I posted a very special piece that I wrote for her here on my blog. I hope you guys enjoyed it. It meant a lot to her (oh so she says). 


Podcasts and U streams: I'm going to try to make more of an effort to get the whole Inkbot crew out there, as far as web based media is concerned. Now a days you have lots of creators talking directly to their fans via U stream, You tube, and podcast, so, I figure we can do the same (Plus, who wouldn't want to hear Rob's sexy voice again). 


Well, this wraps up this Friday's edition of "I'm coming out of my cave to talk to people again." I hope you guys enjoyed it and I hope you all have a stellar weekend....unless you're not a fan of my writing, then I hope that you stump your toe on the kitchen door. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment