Saturday, September 25, 2010

A piece of me ;)

Today is my wife's birthday and quite frankly without her I wouldn't be the person I am today. She is amazing in every way and she is without a doubt the greatest person I have ever met. So, in celebration of today, I have decided to share with you a very special piece. Now, in all likelihood, you will not fully understand it, for it has many "inside meanings" hidden between the lines, but still, I hope  you can appreciate enough of it to understand just how much I love this woman ;) 


A toast to all that is no more

The hug that broke a thousand doors
and left much more without a job

The smile that laid my heart to rest
for seconds in I knew a god

The rhythms breathing through your hair
the loom of doom was rather odd
dressed up as our own concierge 
renting our rooms to those who called

The thoughts we thought would awaken us
they never came, they must be late

Your lips made years just drizzle by
it be a curse to call it wait

For nights like this are much too short
and yet we stretched our night for years
till tears of old embraced the floor
and still, we will not live in fear

The flood, the pain, the world at large
the loss of names, the death of ours
what life and tragedy aren't friends
and yet why run, 

the walks not far,

we'll get there. 

Happy B-day my love. With you at my side I'll gladly continue to walk the road less traveled.

No comments:

Post a Comment