Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Last blog before Comic Con

Hey Inkbots,


As the title suggests, this will be my last blog before Comic Con, which is a great thing if you're going to Comic Con, and still a great thing if you're not (you can check out the rest of our great stories). 


Comic Con: Yes, it's finally here. This Friday October 8th, in NYC the second biggest comic book convention in the world starts, and yours truly (don't tell my wife) is going to be there live and in color (doesn't make sense but I always wanted to say that). So, what should you expect? EVERYTHING! Wait...what do you mean everything? I mean expect the unexpected because one minute we might be passing out one of our many Inkbot.net freebies and the next minute we might be hopping on our tables doing a song duet (much to the pleasure of Revolvers' creators Brent & Clay). 


Inkbot.net freebies? Yes, you read correctly. We will be giving away lots of stuff (worth keeping I might add), and selling stuff for insanely cheap prices (How's a t-shirts for $5 and Inkbot.net comic books from as low as $1 to $5). So again, make sure you stop by our table (Booth # 2566) because we're going to have a great time (or in the words of 50 cent, "die trying"). 


Changes to the site: I may have mentioned this before, but in the next few weeks we're going to be making a few changes to the site. One of the major ones will be changing the way we catalog back issues. Right now, the scroll down menu, on the top left corner of the viewer, is the only way to reach the latest page, which can be a hassle when you have weekly multi-page updates like Revolvers (best weekly on the web). So, what we're going to do is separate the issues in a way that you can just click on them when you want to read them (it works better than it reads). 


Another change or rather new addition that we will be adding to the site is MERCHANDISE!!! That's right, for the first time in our brief 6 month history, Inkbot.net will be carrying Merchandise for all its top brands including Odessa, The Blue Bullet, The Devil Died Different, Zomboy, and if Up-comics are interested then REVOLVERS TOO!!! 


Video previews: We are also in the process of making a few video previews for our stories. Since most people have to be tricked into reading something new (not you guys of course) we have decided to entice people to read BY SHOWING THEM VIDEO ( a quirky campaign If I do say so myself). So, stay tuned for that as well. ;P


Random Thoughts:
Boxing: Man what a horrible year its been for boxing. Our two biggest fighters refuse to fight each other, matches are being canceled and postponed left and right, and Roy Jones is still fighting (I kid Roy Jones, I kid). No but seriously, GET IT TOGETHER BOXING!!! I mean I know November is looking like a good month, but no one month can make up for a bad year (unless of course the world's ending a week later, and if so, you heard it here first lol). 


Wrestling: After seeing Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) get destroyed by Sheamus in three seconds, this past Monday Night, I just couldn't take it anymore. For the first time ever, I shut off the TV and refused to watch anymore of Raw for the rest of that night (which should tell you something when I'm a lifelong fan). Now, let me make this clear, I have nothing against Sheamus (who is a great young wrestler), but I do have something against WWE creative, who feels the need to constantly squash so many of their up and coming stars (and they wonder why their buy rates are dropping). 


The Rally To Restore Sanity: If you're a Jon Stewart fan, you know what it is, if not, check it out, you might like it ;) 


Well, that is all I have to say for today, but don't worry, If you come to comic con you can roll your eyes at what I have to say in my face ;)


Live long and prosper Inkbots....PEACE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment