Tuesday, October 12, 2010

News from the con,the forums, and the world at large ;P

Hey Inkbots,


It's been a while since my last post, but now that The NY Comic Con is over I'll be able to update much more frequently (or at least that's what I tell myself). 


The Con: To say that the NY Comic Con was an amazing experience would be a huge understatement because not only were we able to SELL OUT OF ALL OUR BOOKS but we were also able to meet and greet with fans (both old and new) and pick up some new friends along the way. Now, before I continue, I also want to take this time and thank the whole Inkbot crew (Jan, Clay, Louie, Gary, Jess, Brent, Ralph, Rob, and Julie) for busting their asses this weekend. We did it guys. We took our section by storm, and if we keep delivering quality work on a consistent basis I have no doubt that we will all get where we want to be. 


Commissions: Part of the reason that we did so well with our books was because of the attention garnered by our ridiculously affordable commissions. That's right, for just a mere $5 Jan, Clay, and Louie were all drawing things such as robot pirates, Silver Surfer vs. Adagio, Wonder Woman, and Archie sharing a hamburger with Johnny Raiker in Hot Topic (I wish I was kidding). The only other thing that played a bigger role in bringing people to our table was the quality of our books (I wish you all could've been there Inkbots).


To all our new fans: Looking at this site's numbers for yesterday I think its safe to say that we have a lot of new fans joining the inkbot family, which is great since my next topic of discussion is....


Revitalizing our forums: HEY YOU, YEAH YOU, YOU WITH THE EYEBALLS, stop wishing that our forums were buzzing with interesting conversations, debates, and arguments and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Thats right, I'm calling each and everyone of you out (unless you can kick my ass, then I'm just calling out your name in a comforting tone). I WANT YOU TO HELP SAVE OUR FORUMS. THAT'S RIGHT I WANT YOU TO REVITALIZE THEM. I want you to tell us, and the world, what you think about comics, the site, my blogs, the fact that I'm calling you out, your sex life, anything, just post dammit, and make sure you curse me out for having you break your daily routine ;P


Fan interaction: While on the subject of the forums, I do want to stress that we love getting feedback from you guys (whether positive or negative). I mean sure sometimes its hard to see our baby being torn apart by someone who isn't our significant other, but its part of what we do, and most importantly it is what we live for. Also, if ever you have a project that you want to push on our forums don't hesitate to do so. We've all been there, and we all know what its like. Plus, I told you already, like it or not you're part of our Inkbot family (and that goes for all of our fans outside of the U.S too. SHOW US SOME LOVE). ;)


ZOMBOY: It's finally here ladies and germs. The Conspiracy has begun in good time (just a day after the con). Zomboy is truly a different kind of story than anything I have attempted to tell before, because Jan has created a world that is so complex, it just might come off as a commentary about humanity (huh...how dare we). ;)


Merchandise: By the end of next week we should have a good portion of our online store up and running. Right now we want to call it INKBOTS R' US, but if anyone has a better suggestion then please post it on our forums. You'll get credit for it, I swear ;)
-
BTW, just so you know,in this store we plan to carry things such as T-shirts, mugs, prints, and THONGS...what...thongs? Yes, ladies and germs, the online store which we have partnered with has actually pitched the idea of selling THONGS based off of our characters (just be happy they aren't wearing them). 


American Ambition: The new issue of American Ambition is up and if you haven't already checked it out, then you really should UNLESS YOU'RE ALLERGIC TO FUNNY. Yup, American Ambition is easily one of the funniest comics on the web, which is saying something since comedy is easily the most popular genre when it comes to web comics. 


Consistency: I said it before and I'll say it again. If there's one thing that separates us from the other half a million web comic sites is that we update on a consistent basis, AND we have some of the greatest fans in the world (ok two things). Oh and did I mention that we have some top quality titles (ok three things).


Well, that is all that I have for you guys today. But don't worry I'll be back on Friday with some more updates and some more EMBARRASSING STORIES!!! So, until then, read comics, stay safe, and try not to suck ;P



No comments:

Post a Comment