Sunday, October 24, 2010

INKBOTS R US update, Odessa 4, re-archiving the site and other random thoughts

Hey Inkbots,


We're a little under a day away from the debut of Odessa #4 and I couldn't be more excited. Odessa has been one of my all time favorites to write so far, and I think its safe to say that it's certainly one of my best. For those of you who have been following the series you'll be glad to know that the fourth and fifth issues (the last two of the first arc) not only advance the plot but also explain a great deal of the history behind the title (something that I think alternate history fans will really appreciate). Now, if you haven't checked out Odessa, I strongly suggest that you do. It's a historical fiction that focuses heavily on race relations and geo-politics, but it is also a lot of fun ;)


INKBOTS R'US update: Well, as promised we are working feverishly around the clock to make sure that our creators have a beautiful marketplace where they can sell their merchandise and where you, our loyal Inkbots, can take home something from your favorite Inkbot title ;) UNFORTUNATELY, we're all going to have to wait another week. The reason, well, while testing our new marketplace the site coordinator discovered more ways in which she can make the marketplace more "Inkbot like" and how she can make the merchandise  MORE AFFORDABLE (always a good thing in my book). So again, know that we will be launching the store, it is just going to take us another week to make sure that it's just right (nothing but the best for you me love....don't tell my wife). 


Re-archiving the site: Ask and you shall receive. For a while you Inkbots have been dreading the fact that you have to use the drop down menu to access the newest issue/update of your favorite title. Well, DREAD NO MORE FELLOW INKBOTS, because come Monday morning not only will the newest issue be available for viewing right away, but all past issues will be archived separately on the top left hand side of the viewer (meaning that you can click on them when you want to read them, but you don't have to surf through 8 million pages to get to the newest issue anymore). 


Random thoughts: 
MMA- Brock lost and Cain Velazquez is the first Mexican American Heavyweight champion, what else needs to be said ;)


Movies: I still haven't seen The Social Network but I have heard nothing but great things about it.I assume that its commentary on our current culture has left some rubbed the wrong way, but I am super excited to see it. 


Music: Can't wait for Lupe's new album. I like Kanye's instrumentals but his lyrical content has gotten dumber and dumber since the second album. 


Politics...somewhat: Rally To Restore Sanity this upcoming Saturday, be there...or not its your choice ;)


The Wifers (warning, you're about to read some mushy, aww I can't believe this guy has feelings crap): 
I want to take this opportunity to thank my beautiful and intelligent wife for always pushing me to be at my best and for working extremely hard on Inkbot.net in between her 246 other jobs. As I said before, I would not be where I am today with out her, and if I was I certainly would not be as happy. My love, I promise to try to never take you for granted, and to always appreciate what we have rather then obsess over what we don't. I love you mi vida, and I can't wait till the day where we can lazily sit side by side and discuss all the projects that we have created over the years. Here's to another year of happiness!


On that note stay thirsty my friends....lol...I'm sorry I always wanted to type that. What I meant to say is...PEACE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment