Thursday, August 26, 2010

Keeping an open mind, a hint of things to come, Mark Beer, and other fun things!

Hey Inkbots,


It's been two days since my last confession and I have to say that I'm eager to clean my slate and continue sinning Batman & Robin style!


I love talking to fans, so when you see me at a convention please feel free to talk to me. Often times other creators seem to either have a chip on their shoulder or be apathetic towards their fan base, which really confuses me. I mean why would you want to treat anyone like that? Have you forgotten that without these people you would not be doing what you love for a living (that is if you still love it)? Hmm...I don't know, I know this is a weird subject to start off my blog with, but its just something that has always gotten to me.


On another note I can't wait for you guys to see the third issue of The Blue Bullet. This past week my team has been working around the clock trying to finalize everything in time for the new release date (September 6th), and all I have to say is...IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!


Speaking of September 6th., there is a chance that we may be premiering a new weekly strip that is nothing like anything that has been posted on Inkbot before. The creator of this strip is a good friend of Louie's (you know, the artistic mastermind behind ODESSA), so make sure you buy some earplugs, because the hardest thing about reading a great web comic is reading it while your boss is threatening you. (For the record, let me just say that Inkbot.net is not responsible for the loss of anyone's job, especially if they decide to read our stories while their boss is screaming at them) ;P


BRUHAHAHAHA....that is the sound I made as Mark Beer told me his ideas for THE EXCLUSIVE COMIC CON TITLE COVERS that he will be painting for us. Now for those of you who are not familiar with Mark Beer's work I strongly suggest that you give it a look. I mean this man's art is so life like and so deliciously evil that...that...well. that I had to give you a sample...

NOW TELL ME THIS IS NOT AWESOME!!! http://reebkram.daportfolio.com/gallery/37767#6


Lol, no but in all seriousness Mark is very passionate about what he does, and for some odd reason he's very passionate about Inkbot (personally I think he has wet dreams about our robot). So, again, this is just another reason as to why you should stop by our table in October (other than to tip it over as previously discussed).


Inkbot films: Rob a.k.a. can anyone hear me when I talk and I finally finalized the script for Inkbot Film's first project called "Childhood in a Stream." The story is a drama about a young man who deals with the consequences of coming out to his parents (yes, he's gay for those of you who don't know what "coming out" means). Casting for this film will be held in NY in a few weeks, so I'll keep you posted aspiring actors and actresses.


Finally, I want to reiterate how much fun it is to talk to some of you guys on facebook. Most of you know that I have no problem checking out other people's work, and I'm that I'm certainly open to criticism, so pease...GIVE ME MORE!!! ;)


With that, I hope everyone has a great weekend and that you continue to read, be safe, and try not to suck! ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment