Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fun at the beach, a not so fun announcement, and random thoughts

Hey Inkbots,


In an effort to make sure I stay consistent with my blog updates, I decided to officially brand Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday "Blog days." So, expect to have a new blog up on each of these days ;)


Unfortunately, while on the subject of consistency, I regret to inform everyone that because of the untimely death of one of our computers, the third issue of The Blue Bullet will now be posted a week later than initially planned (it will post Monday, September 6th). Now, most of the people who work with me know how much I hate missing deadlines,but, in this case, it was really out of our hands. Still, I want you to know that we understand how important it is to keep up with our release schedule, and that we promise to take greater measures, going forward, to make sure that this doesn't become the norm. We also want you to know that we here at Inkbot take great pride in posting new content on a weekly basis ;)


On another note, I had a great time at the beach yesterday! I got to showcase my hairy man boobs to the world, and I even got to win my wife a Smurf doll (what, she really likes The Smurfs). I also got a chance to eat the world's largest pizza slice (which does nothing for my man boobs).


Odessa a.k.a. the gift that keeps giving: For those of you who are totally in love with Louie's art work in Odessa, we have great news! Odessa, issue one & two, will be available for purchase at the NY comic con! You will also get a chance to meet Louie Chin in person (unless he sends his evil Hispanic clone, Christian Rubiano, to fill in for him).


I also want to thank our friends over at http://www.renderwrx.net/apps/blog/ for posting a great press release on Odessa #2. They are, in our opinion, the premiere site for Indy comic news because they update on a daily basis and get this...THEY ACTUALLY COVER INDY COMIC NEWS! (No ladies and germs, Marvel is not considered an independent publisher)


Volunteer work: This past week I joined an organization that will help to build after school programs for inner city kids. Now, having taught and visited in many schools throughout the state of NJ, I can tell you that this is a great thing because urban kids are not exposed to the same quality of education as their suburban counterparts, despite what some will have you believe. Students in urban schools usually do not get exposed to subjects such as Psychology and Philosophy until they reach college, and their school clubs are usually centered around athletics and music, rather than in literacy and critical thinking. So, with that said, lets hope that we can do more than just build a hopscotch program ;)


Movies: I got a chance to see Moon, a science fiction film, released last year, which deals with the subject of cloning and corporate morality (a funny term if you think about it). It was one hell of a movie! It had great acting, good pacing, and it made the most of its limited budget (something that my friends over at Inkbot Films really appreciate). I highly recommend it to any science fiction fan out there, and I urge you to send me some feedback so that we can discuss any of the aforementioned topics (cloning and corporate morality...ha, its still funny).


Lastly, I hope everyone has a great weekend, a half decent Monday, and an incredible Tuesday (that way my blog doesn't have to be as impressive). Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment