Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Feedback, Restrepo vs. War, and other randomness

Hey Inkbots,


American Ambition is crazy funny. The pacing of the comic is remarkable considering there is a lot of dialogue, and the characterization is just great. Again, I highly recommend it to anyone who just wants to be thoroughly entertained. Still, I have to say I'm disappointed in the fact that there has been no mention of this great title on our forums or fan page. It'll be a shame to see such a great title like this fall through the cracks, so please, check it out and show the creators some love!


On that note make sure you guys take advantage of the feedback contest. All you have to do is post some feedback, on any of the stories, on our forums or facebook fan page, and you will be entered to win a $25 gift card! HOW IS THAT NOT AWESOME....;)


Flying Sparks: Speaking of web comics, Jon Del Arroz, the talented letterer of Odessa, has just debuted his first web comic. Congratulations sir! Its a great start for what I hope is a great series: http://flyingsparkscomic.com (check it out).


Restrepo vs. War: War is a book written by Sebastian Junger which details the exploits of several American Soldiers in the dreaded Korengal Valley (known as the most dangerous military post on earth). Restrepo is the documentary based on the book, which is more of a visual companion to the book then a full out documentary. If anyone is interested, I highly recommend that you check out the book first. It offers an extremely detailed look into the minds of these young soldiers, and it truly brings to life just how horrible war can be (regardless of what side of the political spectrum you reside). The documentary on the other hand, though good, is not as revealing simply because you need to know the back story in order to make out what you are seeing (aside from  a few confessionals given by some of the soldiers). Still, I recommend it, and hope that some good can come out of what appears to be a horrible situation.


Random Flurries:
I Saw Girl with the dragon tattoo last night...and I LOVED IT!


I am the only fight fan who is not eager to see James Toney vs. Randy Couture. James, though an excellent boxer (Hall of Fame shoe in) has no place inside the octagon, especially with someone as skilled as "The Natural." Still, I might be the one eating crow on Sunday so... we'll see ;)


Although he jumped my boy "The American Dragon" I still like The Miz. He has come a long way since he first came into the WWE, and he does a great promo (my random wrestling thought).


I loved the last issue of DMZ. (my random comic thought)


I'm totally stoked about appearing at the NY Comic Con!


Aside from that, I don't really have much else to say except be safe, read comics, and try not to suck! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment