Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another spew of random thoughts including a few things about the Inkbot crew!

Hey Inkbots,


It's been a crazy few days since my last post, but I'm still here and still perky (much to the dislike of my sleepy wife). For one, I've been  working countless hours on back to back scripts (rewrites after rewrites),so my brain, at the moment, is a bit fried. Still, i'm eager to see how these projects turn out, and I'm excited about the prospect of INKBOT FILMS! 


Yeah Inkbots, you read correctly, Inkbot Films. A few members of my team are independent film makers, so the thought that inevitably crossed their minds was "Hey, why don't we join up and make a few films under the Inkbot banner," and of course, me being the cunning opportunist that I am, my first reply was "Sure...I mean...as long as they're good." So, with that it mind, I figured this would be a good time as any to introduce a few of the members of my team (including me). 


Chris a.k.a- me: Despite my upbeat blogs, I am what my friends refer to as "a happy manic depressed person," which means that I'm extremely nice to everyone I meet and I like to think that I try to help people as much as possible. However, when I'm by myself I listen to nothing but Radio Head and Segur Ros and write some of the most disturbing stories I can think of (see The Devil Died Different or Crying Rainbows). The majority of the reason I do this is because of my discontent with the world at large (what else is new). I wish I could say that the majority of people I have come in contact with are helpful and sincere, but I can't. The truth is, from my limited understanding, is that selfishness is taught to many people as some sort of survival technique, which is sad when you consider just how many people there are in the world. On another note, I enjoy lots of things besides crying on my blogs ;) I like pro wrestling, boxing, comics, movies, video games, anime, music, stand up comedy, documentaries, and my wife (last but not least honey). So, if you catch me at a convention, feel free to talk to me about any of these things, including world issues (or my wife) ;)


Jan a.k.a. the architect: Jan is one of my favorite people in the world. He is the senior artist here at Inkbot.net and he is responsible for almost half the content you see on the site (The Blue Bullet, The Devil Died Different, Crying Rainbows). He is one of the most selfless people I have ever met, and his only dream in life is to dye his hair pink and draw comics till he passes out (neat huh). On  that note, it should be known that Jan is a die hard comic book fan. His bedroom looks like a comic book shop, and if he was ever in need of a hamburger I'm sure he could sell his Walking Dead #1,or any of the other highly regarded #1's that he has in his possession. Jan is also a serious gamer. He'll seriously challenge anyone who is reading this blog to a game of Street Fighter 4 (as will I) and he'll make friends with you while he's kicking your ass ;) Last but not least, Jan really loves horror movies. As a matter of fact, if a zombie apocalypse were to happen, not only would Jan be ready, he'd be the first in line waiting to be turned into one (a zombie that is). 


Rob a.k.a. I can't hear what he's saying:  Rob's is like Inkbot's everyman. He does a little bit of this, and a little bit of that. Rob is also one hell of a filmmaker. He's written and directed a few shorts, which I highly recommend, and he's one half of the head of Inkbot Films. Rob is a great story editor. He understands pacing very well and is constantly pushing me to try new things (the hell with you Rob). Rob's biggest dream is to find the world biggest banana and rape it. No, I'm just joking LOL. His biggest dream in life is to direct and write all the movies he can, and to inspire people along the way. With that said, Rob is also a pretty big gamer. He'll challenge anyone to SF4 and Fight Night, and you'll think he's whispering in your ear while he's playing you, but that's just how he talks. 


Joules a.k.a.Afro Samurai: Joules is the other half in charge of Inkbot films. She is a talented editor, writer, and WEB DESIGNER! Yes, Joules is responsible for this blog, the majority of this site, and it's maintenance! Joules is also my sexy ass wife :) She has the biggest Afro money can buy, and she is who keeps me focused, motivated, and good (she critiques all my work). Joules biggest dream is to work full time in the film industry whether it be editing, writing, directing, or producing. She has a degree in English and a degree in Film, and I'm waiting to see what other trades she's hiding in that Afro so I can exploit her for all she's worth (another lame attempt at humor Ladies & Germs). With that said, Joules really is the heart and soul of Inkbot.net. She makes sure that everything is being taken care of and she knows what stories are worth telling and what stories should just be made into horror movies (ouch, a stab to both Jan and Joules, they are both horror freaks). 


Random thoughts:
Boxing- Chad Dawson, I'm so upset with you man. This past Saturday you got your ass handed to you simply because you were content with just surviving. (Chad was the light heavyweight champion of the world). Now, I have no doubt that you can return to the top of the division, but you have to stay focused (look at me writing to him as if he's actually reading this lol). 


Wrestling- Bryan Danielson, all I can do is give you a big Robert De niro like "you...you're good you." And to think that just last week I was bitching and moaning about how the WWE let you go, only for you to return at Summer Slam this past Sunday. Oh well....;)


Scott Pilgrim- I realized that I didn't really spend much time talking about Scott Pilgrim in the last blog, other than to say that it was AWESOME (I  mean really, what else needs to be said)! Still, for those of you that are standing on the fence for this one, know that the movie is much more than just a tribute to video games and comic books; its about couples learning to deal with each other's baggage and fighting to keep the relationship alive. So....go see it...NOW!!! 


Podcast: http://reelartent.com/?paged=2 : If you guys have the slightest interest in hearing how we sound like and what's on our ridiculous minds, I strongly suggest that you check out this podcast hosted by our friends over at Reel Art Entertainment. Its a fun podcast...trust me ;)


Goodbye: Alright Inkbots we've reached the end of our rope today, but no worries I'll be back in a few days with a few embarrassing stories, and maybe even a few embarrassing pics. However, in the meantime make sure you check out this week's debut of American Ambition, Issue 2 of Odessa, Revolver's weekly update, and Issue 5 of Girl Skout Warz! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment