Monday, November 29, 2010

Best wishes, funny boxing story, overcrowded, and other thoughts on random subjects

Hey Inkbots,


I hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend. I apologize if my Thanksgiving post was a little dark but if nothing else it gave you more insight into who I am as a person (a bipolar manic depressive lol).


On another note, last week was a huge week for us. We saw the debut of American Ambition #4 and Zomboy #2, and so far both titles have been getting some serious love (the numbers don't lie). We also saw the debut of two classic Allen Shrugged strips (the Thanksgiving strip was priceless). So, if by chance you were overwhelmed by last week's endless servings of turkey and mash potatoes, now is the time to catch up ;)


My moment of thanks: Although we are a few days removed from the holiday of thanks I still want to take this time out and thank each and everyone of you for allowing us to share our art with you. It is a privilege that many do not get to enjoy, and it is one that we certainly don't take for granted ;)


I also want to take this moment and thank all my fellow creators here on the site. With out you guys Inkbot.net would be no where near as popular and as relevant as it is today, and Jan and I would be arrested for drawing comics on people's windows ;)


Speaking of creators, I am very excited to announce that Inkbot.net is very close to adding another quality creative team, which means that the amount of our creative output will only continue to increase as the months go by. With that I also want to say that this will probably be the last creative team we will be bringing on board for a while, as I do not want to overcrowd the site with too many creators/titles, nor do I want to wear myself thin (since the wife and I make up the whole marketing department). 


This weekend was an excellent weekend for boxing. First we saw Carl Froch's masterful domination of Arther Abraham (something I predicted the moment the fight was signed), then we saw Andre Ward's Bernard Hopkins like performance against Sakio Bika (I am a huge B-Hop fan btw), and lastly we saw one of the greatest technicians in the world named Juan Manuel Marquez overcome the odds by beating his faster and much younger mandatory, Michael Katsidis.  Still this weekend was not all drama and mayhem as I literally almost pissed myself when thinking of a great boxing memory from my childhood. But first, here's a little back story. 


When I was young one of my biggest dreams was to become a professional boxer. I used to stay up and watch all the fights I could with my older cousins Eric and Jean, and argue about who's the greatest boxer, Oscar De la Hoya or Sugar Shane Mosley. So, you can imagine how excited we were when my father signed us up for boxing lessons at the local Boys and Girl's club. At first nothing could stop us from going to the boxing gym. We were totally obsessed with boxing, and my older cousin Jean was just obsessed with fighting. However, as the year progressed.and the regiments increased, so did our desire to try other things. Still, that doesn't mean that our year in boxing was deprived of it's funny moments. 


Funny Boxing Story: Any person who exercises will be quick to tell you that you shouldn't do so on a full stomach. I mean just the thought of having to run a few miles with a thanksgiving like feast in my belly gives me cramps. So, you can imagine how my cousin Jean felt when he was asked to spar with our trainer's top pupil after stuffing his face at the Chinese Buffet. Now, I know what you're thinking "why the hell would he agree to do it then." Well, that was just the type of guy my cousin was. He was as strong as an ox and as stubborn as a mule, and in all honestly he would have done well if I didn't mess it up for him. So...HOW DID I MESS IT UP FOR HIM. Easy, most amateur boxers tend to direct all their blows towards their opponents face, but the moment I yelled "Hey Jean, watch your stomach, YOU JUST ATE," Tony, our trainer's top pupil, and nephew, began to focus all of his attack's on Jean's stomach. So, for three rounds my cousin Jean was trying his best not to go down, which to his credit he didn't, while clearly cursing me out with his eyes.


Random thoughts:
Inkbot cares: The inkbot crew and I have been discussing ways that Inkbot.net can give back to the community. I will have more information on what we plan to do in the coming weeks, but if any of you have an idea that you would like to share with us, please do ;)  


For the immediate future Allen Shrugged will only update on Wednesdays, but don't worry Inkbots, American Ambition will soon be joining it (more info on that soon).


King of the Ring: Tonight is the King of the Ring wrestling tournament, which I am thrilled about. Here's hoping that my boy Daniel Bryan pulls through ;)


Sweet Sorrow: I love the fact that Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, and Walking Dead are all amazing, but I hate the fact that they are all close to ending ;(


With that, I look forward to posting another blog this Friday (time permitting) and I hope you all have a great week ;)


Peace!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment