Friday, November 12, 2010

Tutoring, purpose of the online novel, opening of INKBOTS R US, American Ambition weekly, and much more ;)

Hey Inkbots,


I hope you all had a great week. I'm a little restless right now so forgive me if this blog entry seems like it was written by a sleep deprived manic depressive (because it was) ;) 


There is a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks. This upcoming Monday (Nov 15) we have the next installment of Revolvers, which in my opinion is going to be one of our most memorable weekly updates ever (the pages look amazing). A week later (Nov 22) we have the debut of Zomboy #2, which I believe you're really going to enjoy, and Part 1 of American Ambition #4 (see the promotional cover below). Then two weeks later (Nov. 29)  we have the second half of AA #4 and finally two weeks after that we have the debut of AMERICAN AMBITION WEEKLIES (stay tuned)!!!




Inkbot's Online Novels:
I figured since we're only a few weeks away from the debut of "K" (Revolvers Brent Martone's steam punk epic), this would be as good a time as any to not only explain the reasoning behind our decision to include online novels on the site but to explain what the hell an online novel actually is (come on, some of you were thinking it). 


Online Novels- according to the Inkbot dictionary, which was created roughly three minutes ago, and online novel is a kick ass story which is updated every month and is sometimes accompanied by illustrations. What separates an Inkbot online novel from a regular online novel is that our novels will be showcased in a specialized viewer AND it is completely free! What's that? Yes you read correctly, in keeping with the tradition of Inkbot greatness, not only will our online novels update on a monthly basis but they are also FREE (saying it makes your teeth white doesn't it)! So, with that said, why should web comic enthusiasts be excited about an online novel, easy, because they will be written by talented writers such as Brent Martone AND they will expand upon some of the great ideas that are covered in the greatest of our web comic collection (which is growing every month btw). Wait, what's that, you don't believe me, well, you don't have to take my word for it. Just check out this sample of Inkbot's first online novel "K."
http://www.upcomics.com/kepisodes.htm


INKBOTS R US:
If you haven't already, make sure you check out the new Revolvers and Allen Shrugged marketplaces, which can be accessed through the store tab on the site. Every month we will be opening a new store for each of our most popular titles, and every month we will add some new and exclusive stuff (including art prints). 


Tutoring:
As many of you may or may not know, for the past six months I have been desperately trying to secure a teaching position within an inner city school district (my favorite place to teach), well, I am happy to report that although I have not secured one yet I have joined a great tutoring company which helps underprivileged kids all over Northern New Jersey (yay).  


Random thoughts:
Goldeneye- I got Goldeneye for the Wii last week and I absolutely love it. If anyone out there has a copy of the game, and feels the need to get shot in the face by my virtual shot gun, please hit me up ;)


Boxing- Last weekend was a great weekend for boxing. First Glen Johnson did the unthinkable by knocking out the always uninspired Allen Green (hmm, then was it really that unthinkable) and then Rafael Marquez battled it out, and lost, to the much younger Juan Manuel Lopez. Now, I'm not completely sold on JML just yet (quite frankly anyone who gets hit that much is just asking for a beating from a skilled technician) but I will say that he has some of the most entertaining fights in recent memory. Speaking of entertaining fights, I refuse to pay money for the Pacquiao vs. Margarito ppv, but I'm sure it will be a decent scrap (I told you I wasn't going to make sense) ;)


Comics: I really  need to take some time and catch up on some of the newer comics hitting the stands. I have heard nothing but great things about Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin run (which I believe has just ended) and I'm curious to see how DMZ is doing (I haven't followed it for a few months). 


With that, I hope you all have a great weekend and I promise to post a pair of embarrassing stories about me along with some more great news about the site on Monday. Peace!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment