Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor day, The Blue Bullet, Zomboy, Angle vs. Jeff, favorite matches and other randomness

Hey Inkbots,


To say that last week was incredibly busy would be an understatement, because IT WAS HELL. The Inkbot crew and I were working feverishly to make sure that all the surprises that we have in store for the NY comic con were in place, and that all the titles that were suppose to launch yesterday were launched on time. Luckily, we got through it with very little scrapes and burns, and we certainly learned a lot about time management ;)


Now, with that said, WASN'T IT AWESOME?! The finale of The Blue Bullet's first arc was posted yesterday, and all I can say is that I am extremely proud of the work that Jan and I did. When I first started writing the series, I wanted to hit the ground running and produce the most original piece of work that I could. Now, looking back, I think I succeeded in most areas because not only is The Blue Bullet a little "out there" its also entertaining ;) Still, for those of you who haven't checked it out, I strongly suggest that you do. All three issues are now up, so you can read through the whole first arc in under a half hour.


On that same token make sure you check out Allen Shrugged. The debut of this series marks a high point when it comes to diversity on the site because Allen Shrugged is nothing like anything else you have read on Inkbot before...well...except that its AWESOME!!! ;) 


Labor day was pretty uneventful for me but I hope that it was an amazing day for all of you. The end of the summer is something that should be celebrated because it means that the NY Comic Con and Halloween are only a few weeks away ;)


Speaking of Halloween the wife and I are probably going to dress like Burt and Ernie. Last year we were The Silk Spectre and Night Owl (from The Watchmen). We also went on a Haunted Hayride at Sleepy Hollow, NY. This year we're looking at going down to Princeton for a zombie survival thing that they might do, but still, things might change seeing as how we're both indecisive little jerks ;)


If you guys are wondering what title is going to take the place of The Blue Bullet, while Jan and I work on the second arc, then I have one word...eh two words...eh a compound word for you ZOMBOY. That's right, in the same sense that The Blue Bullet was my unorthodox take on the bounty hunter genre, ZOMBOY is Jan's unorthodox tale about humanity...oops I mean zombies ;)


TNA's September ppv was yesterday and I heard from quite a lot of people that Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy was one of the greatest matches EVER. Now I haven't seen the match so I can't testify whether that's true or not, but what I can say is that if it is true than maybe Kurt and Jeff should headline Bound for Glory ;) 


Speaking of ppvs, for all you wrestling fans out there I hope you check out TNA's Bound for Glory. It is TNA's version of Wrestlemania and it is usually AWESOME.!


Also, while on the subject of favorite matches I decided, for the sake of random randomness, to post a list of some of my all time favorite matches (and yes before you sigh, I have no clue how any of this will be useful to your life).
RVD vs. Jerry Lyn
Taz vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat
Ric Flair vs. Edge (Ladder Match)
Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio (Halloween Havoc)
Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle (ironman match)
Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels (ironman match)
Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin (Wrestlemania)
Steve Austin vs. Triple H (Three stages of hell)
Steve Austin vs. The Rock (any of them)
Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels (any of them)
Brian Danielson vs. Nigel Mcguiness
Brian Danielson vs. Shingo
AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels
and the list goes on... ;)


Well, with that out of my system I don't have really much else to say today except watch Machete, keep reading, stay safe, and please...please try not to suck (well, unless you really want to) ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment