Friday, September 3, 2010

Philosophy behind the stories, Spreading the word, more samples of Mark's great work etc...

Hey Inkbots,


I apologize if my last entry was a little brief. This past week has been an extremely busy one for me, but I have now regained my composure and I'm ready to go another round (I have no clue what this means either). 


A love story: It's crazy to see just how much this site has changed in just a few short months (four to be exact). We went from only having two titles on the site (The Devil Died Different and Girl Skout Warz) to now having 8 (2 weeklies, four monthlies, and two one shots). We now also have a growing facebook fan page http://www.facebook.com/pages/INKBOTNET/111034208928357 and Inkbot films (I promise to give more info on some of their projects on Sunday). But still, the true measurement of growth, I believe, is not so much how many titles we have, or how many outside endorsements we get (although its pretty nice), its the variety of our stories. I mean if you look at it there are no two titles on our site that is the same. The Blue Bullet is an off the wall gritty bounty hunter tale that is meant to be more of a psychological drama than anything else. Revolvers is a funny action packed tale about a young man who wants to join the Revolvers, a group of bad ass pistol swinging guardians whose job it is to protect the innocent. American Ambition is a downright hilarious comic about two superheroes who are better at making you laugh than saving you from danger. Odessa is a WWII historical fiction which examines race relations, gender relations, and patriotism. Girl Skout Warz is a funny single strip which details the exploits of a sexy group of heroines who are out to stop, what appears to be, a zombie apocalypse. Allen Shrugged, our new weekly strip set to debut on Monday Sept. 6th, is a lighthearted comedy which examines the life of Allen, an aspiring wine taster and potential good husband. The Devil Died Different is a one shot that deals with the dangers of religious extremism, and really any type of ideological extremism for that matter. Last, but certainly not least, Crying Rainbows is a one shot dealing with the dangers of intolerance, complacency, and traditionalism. 


On that note I have to take this moment and thank Robert Sodero of Girl Skout Warz. He was the first one who believed in us, and he was the only one at the time willing to take the chance to post his baby on "some stranger's" web comic site. We appreciate it buddy ;)


I also want to thank you Inkbots for spreading the word. Visits has gone up tremendously since the redesign, and we owe it all to you. You guys keep us on our toes and you help us get through the day. 


On another note, as a treat, every now and then I'm going to post a sample of Mark Beer's work, our brilliant NY Comic Con cover artist! Enjoy! http://reebkram.daportfolio.com/about/


Odessa: I'm currently finishing the final issue of Odessa's first story arc "Birth of a Nation," and all I can say is "Wow." There are so many surprises in this arc that it is going to be a real challenge keeping you guys on your toes in the next one (but of course you do know we love a challenge). 


Nas: Although this is going to sound a bit cliche, I love many different types of music. I grew up on Hip Hop, fell in love with Alternative,  married Old Salsa (I mean really old), had an affair with electronica, dabbled with country, admired classical, and wrote a love letter to Old Soul (Sam Cooke baby!). Still, despite my long list of admired artists, there are few artists that manage to bring me back to the golden age of music (and we all have our own) than Nasty Nas. That's right, the queensbridge native took me back this past week with his new single (the name is too explicit to post...but check it out)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu749XFXZDk&feature=related
Man, I really miss early 90's Hip Hop. Its way better than the buffoonery we hear now (just my opinion).


Lastly, I hope everyone enjoys this last weekend of summer. It's crazy how fast it went by, but then again, time always passes when your having fun. 


With that, as always, I hope you guys keep reading comics, do your best to stay safe, and try not to suck! ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment